VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. BY ENTERING THE CAMPAIGN, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the https://miracleflights.org/VWsummer and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of all US states and territories and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Miracle Flights and Findlay Volkswagen Henderson, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Campaign, Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Miracle Flights as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 1, 2022, 6:00pm, PST and ending June 30, 2022, 12:00am, PST. In order to be eligible to win at the prize, all online entries must be received by June 30, 2022, 12:00am, PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by completing and submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://miracleflights.org/VWsummer. You will be asked to
provide Your name and email address. The entrant must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Miracle Flights. You may not enter more than one time by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Miracle Flights.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive roundtrip airfare for 2 passengers on Southwest Airlines, a $500 hotel gift card, and Volkswagen swag. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the travel package grand prize is $2,000. Any difference between the actual retail value of a prize and the ARV will not be awarded. The actual retail value may vary depending on fare fluctuations and other variables. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Miracle Flights. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Miracle Flights discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Miracle Flights to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Miracle Flights. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Miracle Flights shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a
completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by a Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Miracle Flights’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Taxes: The Winners must note that the value of the accepted prize is taxable as income and that an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Winners for the value of the prize. Any Prize with fair market value equal to or greater than $600 are taxable income to the Winner and must be reported to the IRS via IRS Form 1099. The Winners are solely responsible for all matters relating to their prizes after they are awarded. The value of each prize is includible in the Winner’s income. Miracle Flights is required to report the actual value of the prizes to the Internal Revenue Service. The Winners agree to provide their valid names, addresses, and Social Security numbers to Sponsor for tax reporting purposes. THE WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL INCOME AND OTHER APPLICABLE TAXES THAT ARE DUE IN CONNECTION WITH RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Campaign and providing information. You understand and agree that Miracle Flights and/or Findlay VW Henderson, anyone acting on behalf of Miracle Flights, and Miracle Flights’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, photo, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this Campaign, you agree to allow Miracle Flights to contact you via email, telephone, or text. You have the right to opt out of these communications at any time. By entering this Campaign, You represent and warrant that your submission does not violate any third party
personal or proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Miracle Flights If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Miracle Flights from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Miracle Flights may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: Miracle Flights reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Miracle Flights’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Miracle Flights may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Miracle Flights. Miracle Flights reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Miracle Flights has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Miracle Flights reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Miracle Flights and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (“Release Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her
acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. In any event, the limit of any potential damages will not exceed the value of the potential prize awarded. You agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Campaign, or the acceptance, use of any prize, or participation in any event associated with or comprising a part of the Campaign or any prize, including any travel to and from the Downtown Summerlin, or any other destination related to the Campaign or prize, or to and from any event related to the Campaign or prize.
12. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OFUNITED STATES OF AMERICAAND NEVADA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nevada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Miracle Flights 5740 S. Eastern Ave.,Ste. 240 Las Vegas, NV 89119. Requests must be received no later than August 1, 2022.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Miracle Flights 5740 S. Eastern Ave.,Ste. 240 Las Vegas, NV 89119.
16. The Campaign hosted by Miracle Flights is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or other social media platforms.
17. Prize Details: Winner will receive – Roundtrip airfare for 2 passengers on Southwest Airlines, $500 hotel gift card, and VW swag. *All flights must be booked at the same time, with passengers traveling together. Each service must be booked under the winner’s name and cannot be transferred. Prize package is valid for 1-year. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. All travel must be booked by the winner and may not be transferred to someone else.
Airfare Rules and Regulations: 1. Winner will receive 4 one-time use Southwest flight e-passes that can be redeemed for travel on Southwest Airlines. By accepting and/or redeeming the Southwest flight e-pass(es), you acknowledge the content of these Southwest flight e-pass Rules and Regulations and agree to abide by them. Southwest Airlines reserves the right to change the Southwest flight e-pass Rules and Regulations at any time. 2. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. Southwest flight e-passes are void after the expiration date printed on them. 3. The Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest-operated, published, scheduled service in the United States, its territories and its possessions, including Puerto Rico. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. 4. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass Rules and Regulations may result in cancellation
of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). 5. Each individual Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel. Two flight e-passes are required to book roundtrip travel. 6. The recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass is required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering this Southwest flight e-pass. 7. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines Co. is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage (“Contract of Carriage”), the terms of which are herein incorporated by reference. Incorporated terms include but are not limited to: a) Limits of liability for personal injury or death of Passengers. b) Limits on liability for loss, damage to, or delayed delivery of passenger baggage, including fragile, perishable, and certain other irreplaceable and/ or high value goods or contents, as specified in the Contract of Carriage. Baggage liability for covered items (except wheelchairs or other assistive devices as provided in 14 CFR §382.131) is limited to $3,500 per fare paying Passenger unless excess valuation coverage is purchased. c) Claims restrictions, including time periods in which a Passenger must file a claim or bring an action against Southwest for its acts or omissions or those of its agents. d) Rights of Southwest to change terms of the Contract of Carriage. e) Rules on reservations, check-in time, refusal to carry, and smoking. f) Rights of Southwest and limitations concerning delay or failure to perform service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternate air carrier or aircraft, and rerouting. g) Overbooking: If a Passenger is denied boarding due to an oversale, has obtained his/her boarding pass and is present and available for boarding at the departure gate area at least ten minutes before scheduled departure, with few exceptions, such Passenger is entitled to compensation.
Passengers may inspect the full text of each incorporated term of the Contract of Carriage at Southwest’s airport or city ticket counters, and Passengers have the right, upon request at any location where Southwest’s tickets are sold, to receive free of charge by mail or other delivery service the full text of each such incorporated term. Passengers may also request and obtain a copy of the Contract of Carriage or send comments/concerns to Southwest Airlines Customer Relations Department, PO Box 36647, Dallas, TX 75235-1647 or online www.southwest.com/contactus/contact-us.html.